Victory! This justice reform bill was signed into law.
Kentucky must uphold the principle of "innocent until proven guilty." HB327 would automatically expunge criminal charges from a person's record if the person is acquitted or the charges are dismissed with prejudice. No person should have criminal charges follow them when they are never convicted of doing anything wrong.
- Introduced: 1/24/20
- Passed House Committee: 2/5/20
- Passed House: 2/10/20 (Vote: 91-0)
- Accepted by Senate: 2/11/20
- Passed Senate Committee: 3/12/20
- Passed Senate with Changes: 3/18/20 (Vote: 26-5)
- Returned to House with Changes: 3/19/20
- Passed in House with Changes: 3/19/20 (Vote: 83-0)
- Sent to Governor: 3/19/20
- Signed into Law: 3/27/20