The Development Assistant must be an organized self-starter that skillfully prioritizes and artfully juggles multiple demands with sound judgement and attention to detail. They must be resourceful, timely, and have the ability to proactively anticipate needs within a fast-paced environment.
The Development Assistant will provide administrative support for the development team. A high level of discretion is required as this position routinely deals with highly confidential and sensitive information and a diverse group of external parties, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
Donor Database Management
- Maintain the accuracy and hygiene of the donor database.
- Prepare a variety of accurate and up-to-date database reports.
- Receive and document donor membership intake.
- Assist the Development Director, Executive Director, and Development Officer with donor and prospect research.
- Work with the administrative staff to ensure accuracy of revenue-related information including bank deposits.
- Coordinate with the ACLU's National staff and other ACLU affiliates to strengthen the ACLU of Kentucky's understanding and effective use of donor and prospect information.
- Attend ongoing trainings for database and cross-platform system updates and maintain proficiency in these systems.
- Maintains, to the highest standard, donor confidentiality and strictly complies with National ACLU Donor Confidentiality Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the creation of donor and prospect materials including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship materials as needed.
- Draft a variety of donor and prospect communications as needed.
- Coordinate, track and ensure timelines of development communications that may include staff, volunteers and external vendors.
- Assist with preparation of the Development program's electronic communications.
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed.
- Work closely with the Development Director to ensure successful execution of a variety of event needs including- but not limited to - executing event invitations, receiving and tracking event responses, and assisting with day-of logistics.
- Collaborate with departments outside of development and occasionally with other organizations.
- Manage event deadlines.
- Work with external event vendors as needed.
- Coordinate with artists and volunteers as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, Development Director, and Development Officer in development activities across all revenue channels.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing development meetings.
- Work with the Executive Administrator to manage office supplies for the Development department.
- Support the Development Director in executing development meetings at staff, department, and committee levels.
- Monitor and track department deadlines including upcoming grant, reporting, mailing, and event deadlines on the Development calendar
- Monitor and track development tasks on the Asana task management system.
- Collaborate with staff across departments to enrich Development program efforts and goals.
- Critical Thinking: Able to retain detailed instructions and carry them out in a uniform and accurate way.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify problems within defined workflows, and to solve them independently in some cases and subject to general guidance.
- Decision Making: Support goals/tasks of the Development program. Position requires oversight and approval before actions are taken.
- Ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, analyze situations, develop effective solutions, and take initiative to facilitate the smooth operations and schedules for the executive and deputy directors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization to the public as well as interface with all levels of staff and volunteers while maintaining tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Experience in coordinating and organizing logistics and travel arrangements, meetings, events, and trainings.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay organized, and complete assignments under deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Understanding of, and passion for, ACLU mission. A personal approach that values and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, and able to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
The salary for this position will be $47,136.
The ACLU of Kentucky is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail Kelley Helgeson at Kelley.Helgeson@h2rconsultingllc.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request accommodations for the interview process.
How to Apply
Please apply online here and submit the following materials:
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
All materials must be submitted by 5PM EDT, Friday, August 13, 2021.
The ACLU of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of Kentucky encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, criminal history, and veteran status.