Senate Bill 52 will hold peace officers accountable for sexually assaulting a person in custody or under arrest.
Law enforcement officers should always be held accountable for their actions, and this is a step in the right direction to holding law enforcement accountable more broadly.
- Introduced: 1/5/21
- Passed Senate Committee: 2/4/21
- Passed Senate: 2/22/21 (Vote: 35-0)
- Accepted by House: 2/23/21
- Passed House Committee: 3/3/21
- Passed House: 3/12/21 (Vote: 93-1)
- Delivered to Governor: 3/15/21
- Signed into law by Governor: 3/25/21