Decisions about pregnancy are personal and can be complicated. The best person to make that decision is the pregnant person themselves.
Senate Bill 9, the so-called “protection of infants born alive during an abortion,” is not based in the real-life practice of medicine. It serves only to shame and ostracize patients and healthcare providers. SB9 is one part of Kentucky General Assembly's years-long campaign to push abortion care out of reach, bit by bit.
- Introduced: 1/5/21
- Passed Senate Committee: 1/6/21
- Passed Senate: 1/7/21 (Vote: 32-4)
- Accepted by House: 1/7/21
- Passed House Committee: 1/8/21
- Passed House: 1/9/21 (Vote: 76-18)
- Delivered to Governor: 1/9/21
- Became law without Governor's signature: 1/22/21