June is LGBT Pride Month, and you're invited to celebrate with the ACLU-KY!
Join us as we march in the Kentuckiana Pride Parade in downtown Louisville on Friday, June 20 and get a free t-shirt while supplies last! Meet us in the Tryangles Bar parking lot (209 S. Preston St) at 7:00 pm. The parade starts at 7:30 pm, and we'll march down Main Street to the Belvedere! Feel free to bring kids or pets with you--all are welcome. If you're interested in marching, please contact info at aclu-ky.org. For more information: Pride Parade.
We're also excited to see you at our ACLU-KY booth at the Pride Festival on Saturday, June 21. The Festival will be held from 11 am to 6 pm on the Belvedere (485 W. Main St, Louisville). If you'd like to volunteer at the booth or to help prepare giveaways, please contact info at aclu-ky.org. More information: Pride Festival.
And there are many other ways to get involved and celebrate this month! Check out these events... there's probably one in your area!
- Northern Kentucky Pride Festival Weekend: June 27-29 in Covington
- Board of Commissioners Meeting on Fairness: June 24 at 5 pm in City Hall, 315 W. 2nd St, Frankfort
- Shelbyville Fairness: meets June 19 and monthly every third Thursday at 6 pm in the Stratton Center, 215 Washington St
- Frankfort Fairness: meets June 25 6-7:30 pm in the Paul Sawyer Public Library, 319 Wapping St
- Bowling Green Fairness: meets June 9 and monthly every second Monday at 6pm CT in Cherry Hall Room 203A, WKU
- Elizabethtown Fairness: meets June 10 and monthly every second Tuesday at 6 pm in the Central KY Pride Center, 119 Brook St
- Bereans for Fairness: for information, contact Kate@fairness.org
- Morehead Fairness: meets June 19 and monthly every third Thursday at 6 pm in St. Alban's Episcopal Church, 145 E. 5th St