Election Day is almost here! As you prepare to vote, we thought we’d share our top six tips for avoiding problems at the polls:
- Check your voter registration and your polling location. You can do this online and print a copy.
- Make sure you have photo ID that will be accepted at the polls. The State Board of Elections provides a listing of acceptable ID in its voter information brochure.
- The law requires each polling location to accommodate special assistance requests. Plan ahead by contacting your county clerk to make sure your needs will be met.
- Avoid surprises! Check out a sample ballot for your county and do any last minute research on the candidates. The Secretary of State’s Office provides sample ballots online.
- If there are questions about your eligibility or your name doesn’t appear on the electoral rolls, you have the right to cast a provisional ballot for the federal elections. More information on provisional ballots is in the voter information brochure.
- If you witness any election irregularities, call the Election Fraud Hotline at 800-328-VOTE (800-328-8683).
Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy! Thank you for lifting your voice for our commonwealth.