If you only have time to call about a few bills, here's a list of what we're watching closely this week.
Calling the Legislative Message Line is one of the most effective ways to share your opinion with lawmakers. It only takes a minute and you don't even have to know your legislators' names. The message is line is open 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET, Monday - Thursday, and 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET on Friday. If you have time, call every day!
Read more about why calling matters and what to expect here.
or dial 1-800-372-7181
SUPPORT THESE BILLS:
- House Bill 21 and Senate Bill 4 to ban no-knock warrants except in extreme circumstances
- House Bill 148 to abolish the use of the death penalty against people with severe mental illness
- House Bill 25 to allow people with felony convictions to utilize Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship money for higher education
- House Bill 232 to restore voting rights to Kentuckians with past felony convictions who have completed their entire sentence, probation, and parole
OPPOSE THESE BILLS:
- Senate Bill 211 to enhance penalties for protest-related crimes, chilling free speech
- House Bill 479 to allow the Attorney General to personally file protest-related charges against people, even when local prosecutors decline to do so
- House Bill 563 to send public dollars to private schools