The General Assembly isn't meeting this week due to weather. That means this is a great time to make calls and send emails as everything else takes a brief pause.
Calling the Legislative Message Line is one of the most effective ways to share your opinion with lawmakers. It only takes a minute and you don't even have to know your legislators' names. The message is line is open 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET, Monday - Thursday, and 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET on Friday. If you have time, call every day!
Read more about why calling matters and what to expect here.
or dial 1-800-372-7181
SUPPORT THESE BILLS:
- House Bill 21 (Breonna's Law) to ban no-knock warrants statewide
- House Bill 148 to abolish use of the death penalty against people with severe mental illness
- House Bill 130 (LGBTQ Fairness) to prohibit anti-LGBTQ discrimination in housing, employment, and public accommodations
- House Bill 19 and Senate Bill 30 to protect LGBTQ children from the practice of "conversion therapy"
OPPOSE THESE BILLS:
Lawmakers have recently filed several bills attacking LGBTQ Kentuckians. Some have already moved out of committee and are building more momentum than in past years. We are counting on your calls to help us stop these bills.
- Senate Bill 83 to allow any healthcare employee – from receptionists to physicians – to deny service to someone if it violates their personal beliefs
- House Bill 524 to prevent LGBTQ parents from adopting
- House Bill 471 and Senate Bill 106 to ban trans children from sports
- House Bill 336 and 447 to prohibit healthcare providers from providing the care trans kids need