If you only have time to call about a few bills, here's a list of what we're watching closely this week.
Calling the Legislative Message Line is one of the most effective ways to share your opinion with lawmakers. It only takes a minute and you don't even have to know your legislators' names. The message is line is open 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET, Monday - Thursday, and 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET on Friday. If you have time, call every day!
Read more about why calling matters and what to expect here.
or dial 1-800-372-7181
SUPPORT THESE BILLS:
- Senate Bill 36 to end mandatory transfer of children to adult court for some charges
- House Bill 212 to better understand causes of maternal and infant mortality
- Senate Bill 84 to provide pregnant incarcerated people with the necessary resources for safe, healthy pregnancies
- House Bill 126 to modernize the felony theft threshold and reduce incarceration rates
- House Bill 25 to allow people with felonies in their past to utilize KEES funds for higher education