Members of the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky (ACLU-KY), Kentucky Center for Economic Policy (KCEP), Kentucky Council of Churches (KCC), Black Lives Matter Louisville, and Louisville Metro Council will discuss House Floor Amendments 2 and 3 to Senate Bill 4.
Representatives from each organization will brief the press on two floor amendments designed to gut the most important provisions of Senate Bill 4. Because these are floor amendments, they will not go through the committee process allowing for public input. Both amendments are on the House Orders of the Day for Monday, March 15. Without HFAs 2 and 3, Senate Bill 4 would ban no-knock warrants except in exigent circumstances.
All presenters will be available for questions following their remarks.
- Marcus Jackson, Organizing Coordinator, ACLU of Kentucky
- Marcus Ray, President, Kentucky Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Shauntrice Martin, Lobbyist, Black Lives Matter Louisville
- Carmen Mitchell, Policy Analyst, Kentucky Center for Economic Policy
- Reverend Kent Gilbert, pastor of Union Church in Berea and Chair of the Justice and Advocacy Commission of the Kentucky Council of Churches
- David James, Louisville Metro Council President and former Louisville Metro Police Department Officer (sharing written remarks)
Monday, March 15, 10:00-10:30AM ET
Watch the zoom recording of this meeting here.
View Council President David James's written remarks here.