The Kentucky General Assembly kicked off the 2020 legislative session on Tuesday, January 7, 2020. Our team is at the Capitol working with legislators to propose new bills, make bills better, and defeat harmful legislation. We also connect legislators with people directly affected by certain policies so lawmakers can learn about the real-life impacts of legislation, from mass incarceration, to racial equity in healthcare, to reproductive freedom.
Check out the guide below to:
- Learn about how laws are made in Kentucky
- See how you can get engaged with the legislative process
- Which bills our team is working to pass this year
- What we are doing to meet long-term legislative goals
- Which bills are a threat to civil rights and liberties
Call the Legislative Message Line here.